Please note that once your registration has been accepted by CLAC, the following terms and conditions apply.
If you book your course more than 8 (eight) weeks before the course starts, you have two payment options:
You pay the total amount at the time of booking.
You pay a deposit (20%) to secure your booking and the balance within 30 days. You are responsible for ensuring that the fees are paid in full.
If you book your course less than 8 weeks before the start date you must pay the full amount at the time of booking.
In order for us to track your payment, please quote the STUDENT NAME and INVOICE NUMBER on all payments and payment queries. The Invoice Number can be found on your invoice.
Please note that the deposit (20%) is non-refundable.
Prices are correct at time of going to print and are subject to change without notice. Package prices include:
- A personal ‘’Meet and Greet’ and return airport transfer services from Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Student Insurance including cancellation cover.
- Residential accommodation with all meals including BBQ’s and special event dinners.
- Laundry, First-Aid and 24-hour care from our resident welfare team.
- 100 hours of English each week through interactive classes, specialised activities, excursions and social events.
- Essential learning materials, use of course books and writing notebook.
- British students for REAL English interaction.
- Small classes (maximum 14 students per class) taught by qualified, professional English teachers.
- A Social Programme of activities and events every afternoon and evening.
- Full day trip each week to cities such as London, Brighton, Portsmouth.
- Specialised workshops including filmmaking, yoga, dance and much more.
- Wireless Internet (WiFi) and computer facilities.
- A CLAC T-shirt, prizes, awards and photo memories.
- Handwritten course Certificate and Report.
Fees do not include:
Return transfers that are not to and/or from designated airports on scheduled arrival and departure days. (Prices will be quoted separately).
- Optional off-site excursions e.g. cinema, ten pin bowling, trampolining
- Some optional sightseeing choices for London full-day excursion
- Some professional coaching activites e.g. tennis, horse riding etc
- Special offers are at the discretion of the Directors.
- Any discount offers, including early bird bookings, are subject to the limitations as described in the offer, and are not valid for existing bookings.
No visa support documentation will be provided until all fees due have been received. If a visa application is rejected or delayed you must inform us in writing at least 28 days before the course start date. Failure to do this may result in charges being incurred. We will refund all fees except the deposit if notified as above and on receipt of the visa refusal letter. Cancellations for all non-visa related reasons will be subject to the terms and conditions below.
Cancellations and Refunds
Notice of cancellation must be made in writing. Failure to provide written notification may result in additional charges being incurred.
Up to 8 (eight) weeks before the course start CLAC will offer a full refund less the non-refundable deposit.
Up to 4 (four) weeks before the course start: 50% of fees are payable.
Less than 4 (four) weeks before the course start: 100% of fees are payable. Please note that CLAC provides comprehensive insurance for all students from the time the full fees are paid (see below).
Please note insurance does not cover ”any expenses incurred as a result of regulations or order made by any Public Authority or Government.” You may wish to arrange your own insurance to protect against this possibility.
If you have a complaint please contact us in writing including full details of your grievance. Complaints should be sent to: William George – Company Director; 19 Church Street, Stapleford, Cambridge, CB22 5DS, United Kingdom. e-mail: email@example.com
Do not book your flights until your course booking is confirmed. Please send through your flight details as early as possible. If flight details are not provided at least 10 working days before travelling, it may not be possible to organise the transfer. Only flights arriving between 9am and 6pm or departing after 11am on the specified arrival and departure days (Sunday) are included in the course fees. We reserve the right to charge extra for flights arriving or departing outside these times. Important: Flight arrangements are the sole responsibility of the parents/guardians.
CLAC will not accept any responsibility for students who are denied boarding because they are underage or who have not been registered as unaccompanied minors (UM) in accordance with airline regulations.
Important: CLAC will NOT make payments for over-weight suitcases so please ensure students are aware of their baggage allowance and pack accordingly. For children sent home for any reason, including national disasters, sickness, family emergency or poor behaviour, Cambridge Language and Activity Courses (CLAC) will NOT be responsible for any costs associated with this.
CLAC provides insurance for all students upon payment of the deposit or the full course fees. Full details of the terms and conditions are available on request. Please note that CLAC cannot be held responsible for the loss or theft of personal property. Cover is provided by StudentGuard+ who can be contacted at:
Crystal House, Buckingway Business Park, Swavesey, Cambridge, CB24 4UL. Telephone: 01954 233650
We cannot accept students on our courses unless we have parental consent to act on your behalf in the case of a medical emergency. You must inform us of any specific information which is not included on the Registration Form, but which applies to the Welfare of your child.
We regret that any child arriving with a serious medical condition or behavioural problem not previously reported and agreed by the Course Directors, or which requires regular staff supervision, may be sent home with no refund of fees.
At Cambridge Language and Activity Courses (CLAC) we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our clients, students, staff, website visitors and third parties and to ensuring that their personal data we collect, store and process is treated correctly and lawfully.
We have a set of rules which applies to behaviour on our courses. These are available in the Pre-Course Handbook, which you will receive when your application has been accepted.
Important: If a student persistently or seriously breaks the Course Rules, CLAC reserves the right to send them home at the parent or guardians’ expense and with no refund of fees. This could be because we consider it to be in the students best interest or if we consider the student’s behaviour to be detrimental to the course as a whole, for example: self harming, consumption of alcohol, use of illegal drugs, smoking, bullying or severe incontinence.
- Information is correct at time of going to print but may be subject to change.
- We reserve the right to change course arrangements and prices if necessary.
- Please note that all courses and course components are run subject to demand.
- Children will be placed in a class appropriate to their language level, maturity and age.
- Once the course has started, we reserve the right to move students to another class more appropriate for their language level.
Information correct as of 1st February 2020.