We, the Directors, Anne and Will George, are wholly committed to safeguarding and protecting from harm each and every child on CLAC courses, and expect all CLAC staff to share this commitment. Everyone needs to play their part in creating a caring, friendly and safe environment where our students can feel relaxed, secure and ‘at home’.
We have a comprehensive Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy, which is mandatory for all CLAC staff. This includes anyone who works for CLAC in a full-time, part-time or temporary capacity; directly employed or contracted in.
CLAC welcomes students from all backgrounds and will not tolerate discrimination by staff or students on the grounds of religion, race, gender or sexual orientation. We expect our staff and students to be tolerant of each other’s opinions, lifestyles and religions and be open to learning about each other’s cultures, beliefs and ways of life.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are the responsibility of everyone and we recognise that we have a fundamental duty of care towards children in a residential set-up such as CLAC. We aim to achieve this through compliance with child protection laws and best practice guidelines and with the help and support of our carefully chosen Staff Teams at each school.
The purpose of our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy is to:
- Ensure that children who take part in CLAC programmes are safe and protected
- Provide understanding of child protection issues and inform staff of best practice
- Provide guidance to staff on what action to take if there is an allegation of, or concern about, actual or suspected situations of abuse.
We will seek to protect children by:
- Valuing them, listening to and respecting them.
- Adopting child protection systems and procedures for staff.
- Recruiting staff safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made.
- Sharing information about child protection and good practice with staff, children and parents.
- Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately.
- Providing effective systems and daily routines to ensure that children are thoroughly supervised.
- Providing effective management for staff through support and training.
All staff will be sent a copy of the full Safeguarding and Protection Policy at the pre-induction stage. Parents, guardians and CLAC Representatives wishing to receive the full safeguarding policy should contact the CLAC Office.