TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please note that once your registration has been accepted by CLAC, the following terms and conditions apply.
If you book your course more than 8 (eight) weeks before the course starts, you have two payment options: Option 1: You pay the total amount at the time of booking. Option 2: You pay a deposit (£300) to secure your booking and the balance within 30 days. You are responsible for ensuring that the fees are paid in full. If you book your course less than 8 weeks before the start date you must pay the full amount at the time of booking. In order for us to track your payment, please quote the STUDENT NAME and INVOICE NUMBER on all payments and payment queries. The Invoice Number can be found on your invoice. Please note that the deposit (£300) is non-refundable.
Prices are correct at time of going to print and are subject to change without notice. Package prices include:
- Comprehensive supervision by carefully chosen experienced staff.
- Minimum of 18 hours per week of timetabled English classes.
- Accommodation and all meals.
- Use of all on-site sports facilities.
- Full programme of social activities for every afternoon and evening.
- 1 Full day excursion per week.
- Essential learning materials, writing book, report and certificate, course t-shirt and photo CD containing photos of your time on the course.
- Return transfers from and to Heathrow or Gatwick airports on scheduled arrival and departure days. (International Students only).
- Return transfers that are not to and/or from designated airports on scheduled arrival and departure days. (Prices will be quoted separately).
- Optional off-site excursions e.g. cinema, ten pin bowling, horse riding
- Some optional sightseeing choices for London full-day excursion
- Some professional coaching activities for the Specialist Workshops
- Special offers are at the discretion of the Directors.
- Any discount offers, including early bird bookings, are subject to the limitations as described in the offer, and are not valid for existing bookings.
No visa support documentation will be provided until all fees due have been received. If a visa application is rejected or delayed you must inform us in writing at least 28 days before the course start date. Failure to do this may result in charges being incurred. We will refund all fees except the deposit if notified as above and on receipt of the visa refusal letter. Cancellations for all non-visa related reasons will be subject to the terms and conditions below.
CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS
Cancellations before the course start date Notice of cancellation must be made in writing. Failure to provide written notification may result in additional charges being incurred. Up to 8 (eight) weeks before the course start: CLAC will offer a full refund less an administrative fee of £300. Up to 4 (four) weeks before the course start: 50% of fees are payable Less than 4 (four) weeks before the course start: 100% of fees are payable Please note that CLAC provides insurance for all students from the time the full fees are paid (see below). This insurance includes Natural Disaster Cover, but otherwise excludes ''any expenses incurred as a result of regulations or order made by any Public Authority or Government.'' You may wish to arrange your own insurance to protect against this possibility.
If you have a complaint please contact us in writing including full details of your grievance. Complaints should be sent to: William George - Company Director 10 Shelford Park Avenue, Great Shelford, Cambridge, CB22 5LU, United Kingdom. e-mail: email@example.com
Do not book your flights until your course booking is confirmed. Please send through your flight details as early as possible. If flight details are not provided at least three working days before travelling, it may not be possible to organise the transfer. Only flights arriving between 9am and 6pm or departing after 11am on the specified arrival and departure days (Sunday) are included in the course fees. We reserve the right to charge extra for flights arriving or departing outside these times. Important: Flight arrangements are the sole responsibility of the parents/guardians. CLAC will not accept any responsibility for students who are denied boarding because they are underage or who have not been registered as unaccompanied minors in accordance with airline regulations. Important: CLAC will NOT make payments for over-weight suitcases so please ensure students are aware of their baggage allowance and pack accordingly. Important: For children sent home for any reason, including national disasters, sickness, family emergency or poor behaviour, Cambridge Language and Activity Courses will NOT be responsible for any costs associated with this or incurred.
INSURANCE CLAC provides insurance for all students upon payment of the deposit or the full course fees. Full details of the terms and conditions are available on request. Please note that CLAC cannot be held responsible for the loss or theft of personal property. Cover is provided by StudentGuard+ who can be contacted at: Crystal House, Buckingway Business Park, Swavesey, Cambridge, CB24 4UL. Telephone: 01954 233650
MEDICAL INFORMATION We cannot accept students on our courses unless we have parental consent to act on your behalf in the case of a medical emergency. You must inform us of any specific information which is not included on the Registration Form, but which applies to your child. We regret that any child arriving with a serious medical condition or behavioural problem not previously reported, or which requires regular staff supervision, may be sent home with no refund of fees.
COURSE RULES We have a set of rules which applies to behaviour on our courses. These are available on the application form and in the joining instructions you will receive when your application has been accepted. Important: If a student persistently or seriously breaks the course rules, we reserve the right to send them home at the parent or guardians expense and without a refund of fees. This could be because we consider it to be in the students best interest or if we consider the student’s behaviour to be detrimental to the course as a whole. Reasons for exclusion may include but are not limited to: self harming; consumption of alcohol or illegal drugs; smoking; bullying; severe incontinence.
- Information is correct at time of going to print but may be subject to change.
- We reserve the right to change course arrangements and prices if necessary.
- Please note that all courses and course components are run subject to demand.
- Children will be placed in a class appropriate to their language level, maturity and age.
- Once the course has started, we reserve the right to move students to another class more appropriate for their language level.