What is a CLAC British Buddy?CLAC Buddies are British boys and girls aged 10 to 17 who will participate fully in the course programme as students, but will have a special role in helping and making friends with CLAC International students. They will take part in classes and activities as well as share meals and join in all CLAC special events and excursions, creating a lively international atmosphere and promoting natural language exchange in an exciting and friendly environment. A CLAC British Buddy will sleep in the same bedrooms as the International students, in mixed nationalities, creating lasting friendships that last for many years. CLAC Buddies are not staff - they are on the course to have fun, be friendly and support other students.
Why be a CLAC Buddy?
- Participate in fun activites, sports, trips and social events
- Make friends from all over the world
- Learn about other countries and cultures
- Learn other languages too!
- Improve confidence, leadership skills and social skills
- Experience something special for your Personal Statement
- Receive Leadership Certificate, photo memories and T-shirt
Requirements to be a CLAC Buddy?
- Aged 10 to 17 years old
- Live in the UK and be a native English speaker
- Be friendly, outgoing, considerate, helpful, mature and open-minded
- Be available for one or two weeks in July or August
- Non-Residential (Monday to Saturday, 9am to 6pm): £250 per week
- Residential Full Board (Sunday to Sunday): £450 per week
How to Apply to become a CLAC Buddy?
- Complete the short form below
- Send us your Application Video: “Why I would be a great CLAC British Buddy” (Maximum 2 minutes, use a smartphone or tablet, email to email@example.com)